How do you like this idea? “Special Thanks to Anu Malik for not giving music to this movie”. We kept discussing this. You will see a special thanks not at the start and the fact that Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy gave the music made us think so. Also the fact that music was ORIGINAL and good made us think so. Check out my previous post on this movie, Rock On!!, details.
Overall Rating – ***** ( 1.5 / 5 ) – Watch Wall-E instead.
Song Rating – ***** ( 4 / 5 )
Acting – ***** ( 2 / 5 )
Direction – ***** ( 0 / 5 )
I had reserved my tickets about 3 days back for Rex. This is a horrible to theater to watch any movie and especially a musical flick. Since I was there on Brigade road early, we decided to kill time by watching another movie, Wanted. I will write an other post on this. So finishing such a good action flick and waiting for about 3 – 4 days, I had a lot high hopes from Rock On!!. I liked the title and the fact that Farhan Akthar has acted in it. Right from the start, the movie lacked the story thread to keep the audience hooked on. They kept on introducing new characters by zooming scenes out and not bothering about the characters and their introduction. Only after 2.5 – 3 hours of the movie, we were introduced Farhan’s college girlfriend, Tanya. There were many nuances in direction which just blew the audience interest and patience. First half of the movie makes you feel like ripping your eyes off and gifting it to Prachi Desai (Sakshi) for her lacklustre performance and Farhan (Aditya) for his clueless agony portrayed on screen.
Quite often I kept telling myself that if had enough money, I would just pay it to Abhishek Kapoor to be the Hero of this film so that Farhan Akthar (brilliant Director) can direct this. He would have nailed this subject. Being the lead singer, actor and producer of this movie probably blinded Farhan to see what was actually going on. Luke Kenny may be a good musician but he has been used hopelessly in this movie. His sentimental issues just add fuel to the already burning Sakshi’s crap.
Three scenes I couldn’t forget:
- When Jo, Arjun Rampal, cracks probably the obly funny joke, his wife, Debby asks him to shut up. Audience didn’t even get time to laugh.
- Purab’s adult joke at the dinner table in Aditya’s house was not even shown properly and audience kept asking each other to know what happened.
- Anu Malik used the word ORIGINAL. He is a good comedian when he doesn’t sing.
Good aspects of this movie:
- Farhan has sung well (4.5 / 5)
- Farhan’s acting is not bad (3.5 / 5)
- Purab has acted brilliantly (4.5 / 5)
- Arjun Rampal ( Jo ) has acted well (3 / 5)
- Koel Puri was not bad
Bad aspects of this movie:
- Abhishek Kapoor’s horrendous direction
- Direction screwing up Farhan’s acting ability
- Prachi Desai’s clueless performance
- Storyline differing just a little bit from Dil Chahta Hai
- Hero’s and heroine’s acting together as a couple
- Long flashbacks
- Other actors
- Dead slow pace
- First half senti crap
- Luke Kenny’s changed hairstyle
- Luke Kenny’s dialogues and his dialogue delivery
- Tanya character, her husband, and the music director’s fake acting
Makes you feel like killing yourself situation:
- When Aditya and Sakshi fight.
- Rob’s tragedy crap
- The fact that they took 2.5 hours to reveal the real reason behind their band separation. The characters kept discussing as if it’s a top secret reason that audience shouldn’t know at any cost.
- First half of the movie
Makes you feel good:
- Debbi’s cleavage when she is selling fish in the 2nd half, not in her introduction scene.